Thursday, February 16, 2012

Workshy fuckwits

I have been reading on a forum this morning about the unemployed. This is a subject I have great passion about so thought best blog it.  This is today's piss boiler.

There are two types of unemployed. One type is those who have health problems who are unable to work. These type of people generally dislike being unemployed and would do anything to try and get back to work.  These people I fully support and sympathise with.  After all I will end up as one of these.
The other type are the workshy lazy fuckwits whose job and career is to not work and take the piss out the state. They will do everything in their power not to work as they are better off on benefits so why should they work. 
A few years ago I was made redundant from a local technology company.  I was doing the job I loved in the company and industry I loved.  Then the decision came from the states to close down our office.  So was redundant.  I could have sat on my arse to claim benefits. I didn't. I went and spoke to every recruitment company in the industry.  I applied for some jobs 4 times.  I lost count how many jobs I applied for.  I got 3 interviews.  One I didn't have enough experience. One I was in the final two.  The other offered me the job.  This was 170 miles away from home.  I was going to accept this job but was negotiating to get the relocation allowance to be paid in digs as I knew I couldn't move there cause of my wife.  Fortunately just before I accepted the role the job where I was in the final two offered me the role. This was only 62 mile from home.  I gladly snapped their hand off. 
Mean while my father in law quit his job just before I was made redundant.  Told me I was lucky to get offered a job   he wouldn't get off his arse to find a job.  He wouldn't spend hours on the phone trying to speak to all the agency's.  A job was organised for him by my mother in law but he wouldn't go to it as a it was kids wages and b it was 10 mile away so to far.  I couldnt believe that he was telling me I was lucky.

Two years later I was redundant again.  He was still out of work.  I struggled to get any interviews. I was about to start looking for driving jobs or even stacking shelves  just to make sure I working.  He still wasn't working.  This was the time I said to my wife I wasn't sure I wanted to be with her. So a very stressful time.  Yet still managed to get a job.
During all of this I have been fighting cystic fibrosis. And had a cafe that failed. And was studying part time.

And people call me lucky .

With all the financial problems I have now from my marriage I would be better off if I didn't work.  Why do I still work?

No comments:

Post a Comment